Weekly Reminder – 19th October 2021
1. CANCELLED TOURNAMENTS
PENNANTS – 30th – 31st and 6th November
The Government have dictated that Auckland will stay in their current level of lockdown for the next two weeks at least
BNH Match committee have, therefore, taken the decision to cancel this Pennants tournament
Worst news ever!
2. COVID LOCKDOWN
As of 5.00 pm on the 18th of October, the Auckland region will stay at Alert Level 3 Step 1 for at least another two weeks ☹
Note: These guidelines will be updated before Auckland enters Step Two and Step Three, in order to reflect any further communications which we receive from Government Agencies and Sport New Zealand.
Under this step the Bowls New Zealand Level Three guidelines are as follows:
o Limited to two bubbles per rink (at any one time) on no more than four rinks per green.
o Bubbles may not swap rinks during the same day.
o Our recommendation for the sport of bowls, is that bubbles should be limited to singles and pairs only.
o Mats and Jacks may be used, but must be sanitised before and after play.
o All clubrooms/toilets will be closed
o Any person(s) using the club green must email the club advising of their time/date of use in advance (so that the green is not over populated)
o Persons visiting the club must sign in with the NZ COVID Tracer app, or sign a register
– this register/sign-in must be available on the outside of the clubrooms/facility.
o Bowlers should take sanitising wipes with them to wipe down mats, jacks, gate entry, seats etc.
o Physical distancing should be maintained.
*This is Bowls New Zealand’s interpretation of step one of the three-step process within Alert Level 3
3. ENTRIES OPEN
MEN’S AND WOMEN’S CENTRE FOURS
Playing dates Sat & Sun 20th & 21st November 2021
Entry fee $25 per player. Player entry on website
Entries close on Friday 5th November 2021
Conditions of Entry
1. Player entries accepted from full playing members of clubs in Bowls North Harbour Centre area only.
2. All players in each team must be full playing members of the same club.
3. Format of play will be games of 15 ends with a time limit of 2 ¼ hours.
4. Separate competition will be played for each gender
BNH Men Centre Fours – 20/21 Nov 21
BNH Women Centre Fours – 20/21 Nov 21
Fingers crossed we can actually get to a Covid level that we can hold this tournament
Playing dates Sat & Sun 27th & 28th November 2021 and
Sat 4th December 2021
Cost per team $100 Club entry on website.
Entries close on Friday 12th November 2021
Conditions of entry:
1. Club entries accepted from clubs in the Bowls North Harbour Centre area only and are to
be paid in full prior to the start of the competition. Failure to do so may result in the team
entry being withdrawn from the competition.
2. Sides are to consist of all male players or all female players with a separate competition
for each gender.
3. The number of players in each club side will be 7 players. An 8th player can be named as
a reserve and can play in any position.
4. The side for each game will consist of one singles player, one pairs team and one fours
5. Each club side will consist of one singles player, one pairs team and one fours team.
6. Clubs may enter only 1 side of each gender in this competition.
7. All players in each club side must be full playing members of the same club.
8. A player who is entered and subsequently becomes unavailable may be substituted by
completing the official “Replacement/Substitute Application form” and forwarding to the
Centre for approval.
9. Format of play will be –
Singles – four bowls, 21 shots;
Pairs – three bowls each player and 18 ends;
Fours – two bowls each player and 15 ends;
In all games the time limit will be 2 ¼ hours.
10. In general, it is expected 2 games will be played on each playing date although this will be
subject to the entries received. Weather interruptions, should they disrupt the
competition, may result in playing shorter games on a playing date.
BNH Women Interclub 7’s – 27–28 Nov & 4 Dec 21
BNH Men Interclub 7’s – 27–28 Nov & 4 Dec 21
4. OTHER INFORMATION
Handbooks have arrived and have been delivered to someone in your club. They are ready
for you when your club opens
Date of tournament: 14th to 18th February 2022
We have 40 entries to date.
Please put your entries in now. If you are concerned it may be cancelled by Covid
as it was last year, you will be refunded your entry fee as you were last year
The link is https://www.bowlsnorthharbour.com/masters/
BOWLS NEW ZEALAND CEO VISIT TO BOWLS NORTH HARBOUR
Due to the current Covid rules this cannot be held on 12th October, today. A new date still to be advised